Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Dam Keeper

Hey everybody,

Somewhat recent news:

I have been lucky enough to be given the opportunity to work on a Pixar Co-op short film over the summer.  The film is called The Dam Keeper and is being directed by Pixar's Dice Tsutsumi and Robert Kondo.  If you want to keep updated on the films progress you can follow it Here

The Handsome Dam Keeper Crew 

The film is unique in a sense that it is a 2D animated film that is designed to look like a dimensionally lit painting.  Every single frame of animation is given to a painter to paint in photoshop so the animation can interact with the lighting of the environment.  

So far there have not been many images released to be the public but here is a single frame that I can show.  The BG painting was done by Jeanie Chang, The character poses by Eliza Ivanova and Chris Sasaki and the character paint by Annlyn Huang. 


We came into work a little early yesterday so we could have a little time to practice painting before we started work.  Here is a quick still life of objects laying around the office. 


We have also been going in early to do plein air paintings down by the Emeryville Harbor.  As soon as I find my camera I will post some of those up as well.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this to come out, so I can brag that I know you guys. This stuff looks amazing, can't wait for more.



    p.s. I need to know what brushes you guys are using!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steven, The film is turning out really well. I am super excited about it too.

    The brush is one that Robert Kondo has been using for a long time and is the main brush for The Dam Keeper project. I think it is a square brush, elongated with a wood texture and a slight jitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cody, Kristy says she looks like a boy in that group photo. Can you photoshop her to look like a girl? haha just kidding, awesome work can't wait for the film to come out.

    ReplyDelete